FOR EXPERIENCED RIDERS ONLY
TR’s Exclusive One-Day “Ride Legal! Ride Better!” Rider Course
Great News for Long-Time Riders! Our Intermediate Basic RiderCourse (BRC2) is designed specifically for the seasoned rider who not only needs a refresher course, but also the coveted “M” license to ride legally… at last! This one-day course teaches advanced street survival skills and is highly recommended for all experienced motorcyclists. You’ll definitely learn new tricks from some of the best MSF coaches in the state, and may be able to get out of that dang speeding ticket, too! 😉
TR provides all students with a lightweight, friendly training bike for training use. We also have a select number of loaner helmets, but highly encourage you to purchase your own, as fit and comfort are not guaranteed.
Got yer own bike?? We welcome you to train on your personal ride… as long as you possess proper documentation, the bike is in very good working order, and can pass an onsite inspection (see Personal Motorcycle Usage below). Or, if you’d rather use one our small cc training bikes, that’s okay, too.
BRC2 Course Components:
• MSF Online Intermediate eCourse ePackage 2* -completed before your class
• Riding Skills Training – approx. 6 hours
*The Intermediate BRC2 eCourse (ePackage 2) is a 4-hour online course that integrates MSF’s Street Strategies and Human Factors into one seamless course. The BRC2 eCourse addresses both Level I and Level II content. Level I content includes most of the topics in the BRC Rider Handbook about the basics of riding, but eliminates elementary content related to motorcycle controls and getting started. Level II addresses rider behavior with self-assessment as to values and choices, as well as the cognitive aspects of riding in traffic.
You must be an experienced rider with at least two or more solid years operating a motorcycle. If this is not your case, please enroll in the Basic Rider Course (BRC).
You also need a firm commitment to attend your class on time, ready to learn. We strongly suggest arriving a few minutes early… because getting stuck in traffic is not only a bummer, but can also lead to you being booted out of class 🙁 Please review our policies here.
Upon arriving to your class, you must have these 3 documents with you:
- Your PRINTED eCourse completion certificate
- A completed, printed Total Rider Course Waiver
- A valid driver’s license or photo I.D.
NOTE: If you are between 18-24 years of age AND still have a driver’s permit, then you must prove you have passed at least the Driver’s Education classroom portion by bringing Form DE-964 to class. Sorry, no one under 15 years of age qualifies for the BRC2 course.
… and, you must bring with you the following riding gear:
- Long sleeve Shirt or Jacket
- Full-length, non-flared Pants (jeans are great… just no bell bottoms!)
- Over-the-ankle Boots (sorry, no tennis shoes allowed)
- Protective Eyewear, prescription eyeglasses or sunglasses
- Full-finger Gloves (leather preferred)
- Helmet, must be DOT approved. We do have some loaner helmets if needed.
Also, remember to bring a snack and LOTS of cold water or hydrating beverages… especially in the HOT Texas summers! Click here page for a nifty, printable check list.
Personal Motorcycle Usage Requirements
* Riders who choose to use their own motorcycles must:
- Present proof of vehicle ownership, current registration and insurance
- Prove your bike can pass the TCLOCS Pre-Ride Inspection Checklist. Please arrive at least 15 min before class so your RiderCoach has time to inspect your motorcycle and credentials
- Arrive with a FULL tank of gas