Our Single Day “Ride Legal! Ride Better!” MSF Course
Great News for Long-Time Riders! Our Intermediate Basic RiderCourse (BRC2) is designed specifically for the seasoned rider who not only needs a refresher course, but also the coveted “M” license to ride legally… at last! This one-day course teaches advanced street survival skills and is highly recommended for all experienced motorcyclists. You will definitely learn new tricks from some of the best MSF coaches in the state, and may even be able to get out of that speeding ticket too! 😉
TR provides all students with a lightweight, friendly motorcycle during skills training. We also have a select number of loaner helmets, but highly encourage you to purchase your own, as fit and comfort are not guaranteed.
Got your own bike? 😎 We welcome you to train on your personal ride… as long as you possess proper documentation, the bike is in very good working order, and can pass an onsite inspection (see Personal Motorcycle Usage below).
BRC2 Course Components:
• ONLINE: MSF ePackage 2 This interactive component provides the cognitive aspects of learning to ride in preparation for the riding portion of the BRC2, and takes approx. 4 hours to complete. NOTE: ePackage 2 is included as part of your course fee, and we will provide you online access info after you sign up for your BRC2 class. Please do not take an “eCourse” directly from MSF’s website, or you’ll waste $20 bucks! 🙁
• IN PERSON: Riding Skills Training —approximately 6 hours in one day, including breaks.
You must be an experienced rider with at least two consecutive years operating a motorcycle. If this is not your situation, please enroll in the Basic Rider Course (BRC).
You also need a firm commitment to attend your class on time, ready to learn. We strongly suggest arriving a few minutes early… because getting stuck in traffic is not only a bummer, but can also lead to you being booted out of class 😥 Please review our policies here.
Upon arriving to your class, you must have these 3 documents with you:
- Your PRINTED ePackage 2 completion certificate. Again, this is included as part of your course fee. TR will provide you online access info after you sign up for your BRC2 class.
- A completed, printed Total Rider Course Waiver
- A valid driver’s license or photo I.D.
NOTE: If you are between 18-24 years of age AND still have a driver’s permit, then you must prove you have passed at least the Driver’s Education classroom portion by bringing Form DE-964 to class. Sorry, no one under 15 years of age qualifies for the BRC2 course.
… and, you must bring with you the following riding gear:
- Long sleeve Shirt or Jacket
- Full-length, non-flared Pants (jeans are perfect… just no ripped, holey stuff or bell bottoms!)
- Over-the-ankle Boots (sorry, no tennis shoes allowed)
- Protective Eyewear, prescription eyeglasses or sunglasses
- Full-finger Gloves (leather preferred)
- Helmet, must be DOT approved. We do have a few loaner helmets if needed but fit will be iffy.
Also, remember to bring a snack and LOTS of cold water or hydrating beverages… especially in the HOT Texas summers!Click here for a nifty, printable check list.
Personal Motorcycle Usage Requirements
* Riders who choose to use their own motorcycles must:
- Present proof of vehicle ownership, current registration and insurance
- Prove your bike can pass the TCLOCS Pre-Ride Inspection Checklist. Arrive at least 15 minutes before class so your RiderCoach has time to inspect your motorcycle and credentials
- Arrive with a FULL tank of gas
Need Riding Gear?
Shop our affiliate partners for great deals on helmets, gloves, jackets and other top-line riding apparel and accessories!