ATGATT : All The Gear, All The Time! 😎
Along with MSF and local agency mandates, Total Rider requires all students to wear proper riding gear during training days. And besides, it’s a good habit to get into! 🏍
•• REQUIRED GEAR ••
All students must bring the following to riding practice:
Helmet DOT-approved only (we do have a few loaner helmets, but fit and availability are not guaranteed)
Eye protection (eyeglasses, sunglasses, face shield or goggles)
Boots or sturdy over-the-ankle footwear. Ankles MUST be covered. Canvas/cloth shoes, or boots with elastic sides (“Chelsea boots”) are not permitted. Also, leather-sole or safety-toe boots are not recommended, as they may hinder proper motorcycle foot controls.
Gloves full-fingered only (leather preferred)
Long Sleeve Shirt or Jacket
Long Pants (denim or material of equivalent or better durability) Sorry but… flared, yoga, Jeggings and/or pants with obvious holes are not permitted.
• RECOMMENDED DURING HOT, SUMMER WEATHER 🌞
Given that we train in an open, sun-drenched parking lot, and you’re sitting on a running, heat-belching motorcycle while wearing long pants, long sleeve shirt, boots, gloves, helmet… well, you get the picture! Here are a few advisable things you can do to make riding days more pleasant:
- Hydrate the night before 💧💧💧
- Avoid too much caffeine, energy drinks, coffee, tea… and of course, alcohol!
- Wear light colored, loose fitting clothing
- Bring more water than you need i.e. ice chest full of water, and some snacks for break times. Remember, by the time you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated! 😓
- Lastly, consider a cool wrap… and don’t forget your sunblock!
• RAIN DAYS:
Remember to bring your rain gear, as we ride rain or shine… and sometimes even snow! 🌨
PLEASE NOTE : If you fail to bring all required gear to riding practice, you’ll forfeit your course fee and have to pay for another class… which is a total bummer! 😥