PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE BEGINNING YOUR eCOURSE
Welcome! You have signed up for a RiderCourse (BRC or BRC2) with Total Rider. This is an important first step to becoming a safer, legal rider… and we congratulate you for it!
Your course includes an MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) online component called the Basic eCourse. The eCourse is a 3-hour interactive program designed to get you up to speed before the actual classroom portion by providing an introduction to the basics of motorcycling. This eCourse is also the basis of the in-classroom Knowledge Test that you must pass in order to advance to the on-range riding class… so please pay close attention to what you’re learning online!
Completion of the eCourse is required as part of both BRC and BRC2 curriculums. Below you will find your personal link and instructions to complete the eCourse. Good Luck!
1. Now that you have scheduled your class with us, click this link to begin registration for your Basic eCourse with the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.
IMPORTANT: Do not share this link as it is a one-time use for you! If you have any issues with the eCourse itself, first call MSF Customer Service: (949) 727-3227 before contacting Total Rider, as we are not responsible for the operation of MSF’s eCourse nor its content.
2. Enter your student information in the required fields, then click the “Enroll Student” button.
3. A green message will appear indicating you, hopefully, have successfully enrolled and providing you the opportunity to enroll another person. Do NOT enroll anyone else!. Just click on the “Complete Registration” button.
4. On the next page you will be asked to accept one or two liability and waiver agreements. Click on the checkboxes or just scroll to the end of the agreements. If you want to receive additional information from MSF fill in the form at the bottom. Finally, enter and re-enter your email address (whew!). Once again, click on the “Complete Registration” button.
5. You will then see a confirmation page with your unique password and eCourse link (finally!). These will also be included in the confirmation email you receive from the MSF. We recommend you save this email to be able to easily refer back to the link and your password.
6. Upon completion of the eCourse, PRINT your completion certificate. It is valid for 30 days, and you must bring your printed certificate to your first class!
If you have any issues with the eCourse itself, first call MSF Customer Service: (949) 727-3227 before contacting Total Rider, as we are not responsible for the operation of MSF’s eCourse nor its content.
Per Texas Department of License and Registration and MSF regulations, you will NOT be allowed to take the classroom or range portions of your course without providing a valid, printed eCourse Completion Certificate to your instructor. Mobile phone pictures of your completion certificate will not be accepted.
- eCourse: (to be completed before first day of class)
Must be completed within 30 days of the classroom start date with Total Rider. If you have completed your eCourse more than 30 days before the classroom start date, you must re-take the eCourse (you can re-take it for free) by logging in on the MSF website with your password and selecting “Start new attempt”. Your eCourse certificate is valid for 30 days.
- The eCourse is also available in Spanish text and audio (see links below). El eCourse también está disponible en texto y audio en español (vea los enlaces a continuación).
- Be advised that there is a 25 question multiple-choice written Knowledge Test* based on the learning concepts from the eCourse, given at the end of the classroom portion on Day 1. So, please take the eCourse very seriously and retain what you’ve learned for the test!
- The MSF eCourse certificate is NOT accepted as a license waiver by the Texas DMV, or as a license to ride a motorcycle, or as a learner’s permit.
Links to PDF supporting documents for the eCourse (all PDFs open in separate tab):
- How to Get to the Enrollment Page
- How to Enroll Basic eCourse 2.0 with Coupon Code
- How to Access Your Basic eCourse v.2.0
- How to Save Your Certificate as a PDF
- How to Access the eCourse in Spanish (Cómo acceder al eCourse en español)
- How To Turn On Off Closed Captioning
*You must score 80% or better on the Knowledge Test in order to move on to the riding portion. A failure of any part of the test results in a failure of the entire course. See the FAQ section of our website for policies regarding fees to be scheduled for a new class. Please contact Total Rider with any questions or concerns, or call direct at (512) 522-5844 ext 808.